Week of March 30, 1914
• George Alton tenders his resignation as tax collector for the year 1914.
• Council approves the installation of an electric light on Martha Street.
• George Brown, a grocer at Port Nelson, has now completed his new store on his property east of the old stand, and will shortly move from the old corner store that has been used as a business for the past 60 years.
• Lakeside Dairy commences business, with the depot located in the store formerly occupied by Graham’s Shoe Home.
• Constable Wm. Tufgar appointed milk inspector.
• After it was announced that St, George’s Anglican Church, Lowville, was building a tower on the church, Mrs. W. D. Flatt, Pine Cove, offers to install a church bell in the tower in memory of her father, the late Henry Richardson.
Week of March 30, 1964
• Building and planning committee approve application for an eight-storey, 72-unit building to be known as Lord Nelson Apartments at 5200 Lakeshore Road.
• Traffic light installed in front of Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital.
• Another nine holes already on the drawing board as Tyandaga Golf Club scheduled to officially open on June 13
Week of March 23, 1914
• Burlington council has made application to the Railway and Municipal Board in regard to annexing a certain portion of Nelson Township bordering on Brant and New streets.
• George Alton is appointed Burlington customs office, replacing W. J. Brush who recently resigned from the position.
• T. H. L. Bamford and N. Hubbert have leased the store in the Oddfellow’s building and will open a general store in the near future.
• The Gazette announced that recruitment for the 20th regiment of the Halton Rifles would begin as soon as arrangements can be made.
• The board of license commissioners for Halton approves transfer of the Hotel Raymond from H. E. Oakes to George Chipperfield.
• Movement under way to organize Sons of Scotland Lodge in Burlington.
Week of March 23, 1964
• Ex-councillor George Harrington appointed to fill the council seat vacated by Gordon Goodrow who has moved to Windsor.
• Council approves paving Mainway and Northside Road in Progress Park at a cost of $70,000.
• Interim board of management approves first step toward building a Family YMCA complex in Burlington.
Week of March 16, 1914
• The Gazette learns that a new contract has been awarded for the completion of the revetment wall on the lake front; work to commence as soon as the water in the lake recedes.
• Just days after announcing the opening of his new dairy, Chas. Miller tells The Gazette it will be known as the Lakeside Dairy.
• W. D. Flatt named president as football club organized; games to be played at the Pine Cove grounds.
• Pine Cove Baseball Club re-organized with W. D. Flatt as president; announces that a pavilion would be erected on the grounds for the coming season.
• Hamilton police arrest John Lougheed of Port Nelson on a charge of non-support and desertion preferred by his wife.
• John Connell purchases property from W. C. Kerns at the corner of James and John streets to build an up-to-date blacksmith and wagon shop.
Week of March 16, 1964
• Interim board elected as residents approve establishment of a family YMCA in Burlington.
• Huge crowd lines the street as Green’s Department store opens on Brant Street.
• Work of Burlington’s new town hall now only slightly behind schedule, delay as a result of an appeal after project approved by OMB.
• Virtue Motors on Lakeshore Road undergoes vast changes with a name change to Brant Chrysler and the demolition of two houses on Locust for a used car lot.
Week of March 9, 1914
• Crystal Theatre closed down as work continues to increase capacity to 500 patrons.
• Application made to transfer license for the Raymond Hotel from H. E. Oakes to Geo. Chipperfield.
• J. W. Elliott appointed judge for the County of Halton.
• A. Coates & Sons establish temporary location for sewn and dressed lumber after fire destroys planing mill.
• Chas. Miller announces plans for new dairy and hopes to have wagons on the route soon.
• Dr. C. R. Roberts of Buffalo rents Tufgar barn on Water Street to practice veterinary medicine and dentistry.
• School on Plains Road closed after outbreak of diphtheria strikes nine of 25 pupils.
Week of March 9, 1964
• Joseph Brant Hospital lays out plans for $1 million wing to be added by 1968.
• Burlington Mohawks capture Niagara District Junior B Championship downing Stamford four games one.
• Gordon Goodrow resigns from council just three months after being elected after his firm transfers him to Windsor.
Week of March 2, 1914
• Area apple growers meet at the Strathcona Hall to consider a central apple packing association.
• Tenders called for the erection of a school near Walker’s Crossing in S.S. No. 15, Township of Nelson.
• The Nelson & Burlington Historical Society officially constituted.
Week of March 2, 1964
• Planning department approves zoning of the Fisher Farm to permit a regional shopping centre on Guelph Line.
• George Johnson, who repaired toys as Christmas gifts for 20 years, named Burlington’s Citizen of the Year.
• Effort under way to organize Business and Professional Women’s Club in Burlington.
• Brochures explaining the development of a Burlington Family YMCA to be distributed to 20,000 school children to pass along to their parents.