Week of April 7, 1914
• Burlington resident, Mrs. Elizabeth Lowe, displays a copy of a deed dated Feb. 14, 1798, granting to Capt. Joseph Brant, 3450 acres in what is now Burlington.
• Crystal Theatre scheduled to reopen on April 24th for the summer season.
• Burlington’s tap water tested from three areas of the village and found to be perfectly pure.
Week of April 7, 1964
• $30,000,000 Pineland Estates development passes first hurtle; plan to include shopping centre, two schools and 2,050 housing units.
• Hospital administrator William O’Neill says major expansion will be needed by 1970.
• Burlington’s Donna Lancaster, an employee of the food store at Brant Street and Mount Forest Drive, is named queen of the supermarket checkers-cashiers for Canada.
• Official opening for Tyandaga Golf Club now scheduled for June 13.
Leave a Reply.
From the Gazette
We travel back 100 years ago to see what the Burlington Gazette was reporting in its news pages, and then look at the news from 50 years ago, from more recent memory.