Week of Jan. 26, 1914
• Surrounding buildings are saved as Coates & Sons Planing Mill on Brant Street destroyed in early morning fire.
• Special Saturday matinee presentations now being held at the Crystal Theatre for ladies and children.
• Burlington library board to spend $75 on the purchase of books, the purchase to include a complete edition of Dickens.
Week of Jan. 27, 1964
• Council hears report from consultants who recommend one-way street system in core area including Brant and either John or Locust streets.
• Town crest is approved.
• Amendment to Official Plan, reducing width of Brant Street from 100 feet to 60 feet approved; eliminates one stumbling block to Wellington Square Mall proposal.
• Council approves plan to extend Spencer Park from Brant Street to the Brant Inn as town’s Centennial project.
• The Honorable William Davis addresses Nelson High assembly; first visit ever for a minister of education.