Week of Feb. 9, 1914
• William Fisher buys 25 lots in Bell’s survey near the Brant House, telling the Gazette he has great confidence in the future of Burlington.
• Ice is flooded in preparation for the formal opening of the Elgon Street arena.
• Sharp drop in temperature chases away all fear of an ice famine as the ice on the bay is now 12 inches thick.
• Just days after the Coates & Son planning mill was destroyed by fire, workers have cleared the site and plans under way to rebuild the plant.
Week of Feb. 10, 1964
• Two large apartment developments – one at Marley and Francis Road, and the second at 2256 Lakeshore Road – discussed at building and planning committee.
• Parks board wants to convert Virtue property at 1464 Lakeshore Road into a park as long as they don’t have to pay for it.
Leave a Reply.
From the Gazette
We travel back 100 years ago to see what the Burlington Gazette was reporting in its news pages, and then look at the news from 50 years ago, from more recent memory.