Week of Feb. 23, 1914
• With a proper facility now available, Burlington’s mayor suggests village could ice an OHA team next year.
Week of Feb. 24, 1964
• Town clerk William Sims suggest new ward system , reducing present number from nine to five with two councilors per ward.
• Board of education planning 16-room school in Dynes Road area at an estimated cost of $460,000.
• Council asked to extend Woodward Avenue eastward to provide additional access to new school site.
• New ownership group buys Halliday Company and renames it Halliday Homes with G. W. E. Gordon as president.
• Burlington Mohawks win right to play Stamford for the Niagara District Junior B championship.
From the Gazette
We travel back 100 years ago to see what the Burlington Gazette was reporting in its news pages, and then look at the news from 50 years ago, from more recent memory.