Week of March 23, 1914
• Burlington council has made application to the Railway and Municipal Board in regard to annexing a certain portion of Nelson Township bordering on Brant and New streets.
• George Alton is appointed Burlington customs office, replacing W. J. Brush who recently resigned from the position.
• T. H. L. Bamford and N. Hubbert have leased the store in the Oddfellow’s building and will open a general store in the near future.
• The Gazette announced that recruitment for the 20th regiment of the Halton Rifles would begin as soon as arrangements can be made.
• The board of license commissioners for Halton approves transfer of the Hotel Raymond from H. E. Oakes to George Chipperfield.
• Movement under way to organize Sons of Scotland Lodge in Burlington.
Week of March 23, 1964
• Ex-councillor George Harrington appointed to fill the council seat vacated by Gordon Goodrow who has moved to Windsor.
• Council approves paving Mainway and Northside Road in Progress Park at a cost of $70,000.
• Interim board of management approves first step toward building a Family YMCA complex in Burlington.